Supports all Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series modules, including:
- Supervisor engines
- Fast Ethernet modules (with IEEE 802.3af Power over Ethernet [PoE])
- Gigabit Ethernet modules (with IEEE 802.3af PoE)
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet modules
- Flex WAN modules
- Shared Port Adaptors/SPA Interface Processors
- Multi-Gigabit services modules (wireless, network analysis, and security)
The Cisco Catalyst 6506-E supports both Cisco Catalyst OS and Cisco IOS Software. Cisco Catalyst 6506-E supports up to a 6000W power supply, thus providing the ability to support a large number of IEEE 802.3af PoE devices.
The Cisco Catalyst 6506-E provides maximum uptime with redundancy and rapid (1 to 3 seconds) stateful failover across supervisor engines. It supports modular Cisco IOS Software to minimize unplanned downtime through self-healing processes and simplifies software changes through subsystem in-service software upgrades.