Enhance online video experiences for users. Use next-generation Cisco Videoscape AnyRes Live multiformat encoders for superior quality in live media delivery applications. Offer exceptional standard- or high-definition live streaming experiences to end-user devices, including set-top boxes, smart TVs, gaming consoles, PCs, tablets, and mobile phones.
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Videoscape AnyRes Live adaptive bit rate (ABR) encoding and transcoding technology optimizes live serial digital interface (SDI) or IP-based video. You can offer exceptional video services for consumer tablets, smartphones, and other devices that connect over Wi-Fi, cellular networks, or the unmanaged Internet.
Cisco Videoscape AnyRes Live, the next generation of the Cisco Media Processor platform, provides:
- Platform flexibility
- Broad feature set
- Industry-leading performance
- Superior picture quality
- Simplified operation
This platform provides live ABR encoding and transcoding through an x86-based family of linear encoding appliances. You can choose either an easily deployed rack-based form factor or software on a Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) blade server.
Broad Feature Set
The broad features of this platform include support for internal or external encapsulation, and advertising income generation through SCTE 35 and SCTE 104. Supported ABR technologies include:
- Apple HTTP Live Streaming
- Microsoft HTTP Smooth Streaming
- Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming
Get exceptional performance, including:
Superior Picture Quality
- Best-in-class density for H.264 encoding
- Industry-leading efficiency in power consumption
- Superior scalability in the data center or content delivery network (CDN)
You can deliver real high definition with "Broadcast Distribution" quality to connected devices.
Benefit from the easy setup, configuration, and troubleshooting of this platform.
By using these capabilities, you can:
Specifications at a Glance
- Improve subscriber loyalty by providing a high-quality video experience on more screens and devices
- Increase advertising revenue by delivering dynamic, geographically targeted advertising to all devices
- Reduce capital expenses with increased stream count to help ensure broader device support per blade or rack unit
- Cut operational costs with an encoding and transcoding platform for all the formats, resolutions, and bit rates you need
Cisco Videoscape AnyRes Live provides industry-leading ABR streaming, with support for:
- Updated H.264 codec for market-leading video quality
- Nielsen ID3 tags
- Apple HTTP Live Streaming to iPhones, iPads, and Apple TV
- Microsoft HTTP Smooth Streaming, with support for H.264 PlayReady DRM, promoting highly secure live publishing solutions
- Adobe HTTP Dynamic Streaming to Primetime Origin Server, including advertising support and closed captioning
Multiple captioning and subtitling options are also supported, including:
- Open captions
- Closed captions
- Synchronized Accessible Media Interchange (SAMI) captions
- Script streams
- Cue points
- Digital Video Broadcasting open subtitling (bitmapped)