The Cisco ASR 1001-X Router is a 1-rack-unit (1RU) platform targeted towards the low to medium Enterprise and Managed Service Provider use cases. Its compact form factor has a built-in Route Processor, Embedded Services Processor (ESP) and Shared Port Adapter (SIP) Interface processor.
Features and Capabilities
Running Cisco IOS XE Software, the Cisco ASR 1001-X shares a common operating system, feature set, and management and troubleshooting tools with the rest of Cisco ASR 1000 family.
The ASR 1001-X Router includes:
- Pay-as-you-grow forwarding thoughput is upgradable from 2.5 to 5,10, and 20 Gbps
- Built-in 2 X 10 GE accelerates 1 GE to 10 GE transition without additional hardware
- Expanded container app support is included for future virtual applications and services
- The compact 1RU form factor increases rack space and reduces power and cooling costs
- High-Performance Security
- High-performance security for crypto, firewall, and Network Address Translation (NAT) sessions
- Robust deep packet inspection performance at high throughputs for Cisco Application, Visibility, and Control