Get a new software-defined approach to packet broker that offers scalable, cost-effective, and programmable network tap and Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN) aggregation and network traffic monitoring environment. Cisco Nexus Data Broker software and Cisco Nexus switches that support OpenFlow allow you to gain better visibility to evolving business and application needs.
Features and Capabilities
Using Cisco Nexus Data Broker, you can replace traditional, purpose-built matrix switches with one or more OpenFlow-enabled Cisco Nexus switches. These Cisco Nexus switches can be interconnected to build scalable network taps and SPAN aggregation infrastructure. The tap and SPAN sources could be distributed across multiple Cisco Nexus switches as well.
Similarly, traffic monitoring and analysis tools can also be distributed across multiple Cisco Nexus switches. These monitoring and analysis tools can be physical appliance-based or virtual machine (VM)-ased.
Cisco Nexus Data Broker Features
- Creation of a scalable network traffic monitoring infrastructure
- Traffic filtering using Layer 1-4 information; traffic replication and forwarding to monitoring tools
- Multiprotocol support using OpenFlow and Cisco onePK
- Highly secure communication using HTTPS and TLS
- Cluster-based active-active deployment support for high availability and scalability
- Reduction in capital expenditures by using simpler and cost-effective Cisco Nexus switches
- Support for 1, 10, 40, and 100 Gigabit Ethernet ports
- Improved facilities and flexibility in the placement of monitoring tools
- Faster troubleshooting and reduced time to set up/down from days to just minutes
Cisco Nexus Data Broker 2.0 software also provides unique features that improve control of the network.
Controller and Application Product Packaging
- Time stamping using Precision Time Protocol (PTP)
- Packet truncation for regulator compliance purposes
- End-to-end flow visualization and flow-level statistics
- Utilization information for Inter-Switch-Links and monitoring ports
- Extension of support to Cisco Nexus 3500, 7000, and 7700 devices
Cisco Nexus Data Broker software is licensed per device. Ordering guide is being updated.