The Cisco Nexus 56128P is a wire-rate Layer 2 and Layer 3 switch offering 10 Gigabit Ethernet, unified ports (UP) and 2 expansion slots in a two-rack-unit form factor. It is optimized for 10 Gigabit Ethernet top-of-rack access, Cisco Fabric Extender (FEX) aggregation, VXLAN segmentation, and LAN-SAN convergence. It delivers high performance, operational efficiency, and design flexibility for traditional, virtualized, and cloud environments.
Features and Capabilities
The Cisco Nexus 56128P Switch is part of the Cisco Nexus Family of data center switches, offering capabilities of the comprehensive Cisco NX-OS feature set.
High Scalability and Performance
The Cisco 56128P switch is designed to meet the scaling demands of traditional and cloud deployments
- Up to 96 10GE ports (of which 48 are UP) and 8 true 40GE QSFP ports.
- Hardware based VXLAN (L2, L3, Gateway) and NVGRE capable
- Up to 1152 ports in a single management domain via Cisco FEX architecture
- Large table sizes and buffers with 1 us latency
The Cisco 56128P switch delivers ease of operations via single point of management and programmability:
- Advanced analytics tool kit with latency and buffer monitoring
- Single point of management with Cisco FEX Architecture
- Programmability - Python scripting, TCL scripting, the Cisco One Platform Kit,OnePK and Openflow.
The Cisco 56128P switch provides deployment flexibility for varying customer needs:
Specifications at a Glance
- LAN/SAN Convergence
- Supports Dynamic Fabric Automation (DFA) for simplified virtualized and cloud deployments
- FabricPath support for scalable layer 2 networks
|Number of ports
||1152 with FEX
||Up to 96 wire-rate ports
||Up to 8 QSFP ports
||Up to 48 ports (Ethernet; FCoE; 2/4/8-gigabit FC)
|10 and 40 Gbps FCoE