Providing reliable communications to branch offices, teleworkers, and cloud telephony deployments helps to ensure business continuity and customer satisfaction. To fulfill this need, Cisco provides Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) and Cisco Unified Enhanced Survivable Remote Site Telephony (E-SRST).
Features and Capabilities
SRST and E-SRST take full advantage of a remote site's existing network to provide multi-feature redundancy for centralized Cisco call-processing deployments during WAN link failures. SRST and E-SRST work with Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Business Edition packaged collaboration solutions. Also, SRST provides survivability for organizations deploying Cisco Powered cloud services based on Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution.
Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony (SRST) offers:
- Business resiliency through redundant, localized call processing
- Intelligent and automatic failover configuration without manual IT or telecom intervention
- Cost-effective operations through a converged voice and data network
- Centralized IP telephony configuration and management
- Investment protection and simplified migration
For enterprise branch offices, Enhanced Cisco Unified Survivable Remote Site Telephony (E-SRST) offers:
- Improved user experience in failover mode by maintaining phone displays and through an enhanced feature set
- GUI interface to provision, monitor, report on, and troubleshoot remote sites
- Automatic synchronization with Cisco call control for additions, deletions, and modifications of users and phones
- Centralized management and control for all sites
- Calling rule restrictions continued in failover mode