Get wire-rate, layer 2 and layer 3 switching with a comprehensive feature set, including Cisco Algo Boost technology, with the lowest latency in the industry. The Cisco Nexus 3548/3548-X Switch, part of the Unified Fabric Family, is well suited for mainstream top-of-rack, (ToR) data center deployments. It comes in a compact, 1-rack-unit (1RU) form factor.
Features and Capabilities
Algo Boost technology allows the Cisco Nexus 3548/3548-X to achieve exceptionally low latencies of 250 nanoseconds (ns) or less for all workloads. That includes unicast and multicast, and layer 2 and 3 switching, regardless of the features applied.
Comprehensive Feature Set with Cisco Nexus Operating System (NX-OS)
- Warp mode to further reduce latency to 190 ns for small-to-midsize layer 2 and 3 deployments
- Warp SPAN to help enable stock market data delivery to trading servers in as little as 50 ns
- Active Buffer Monitoring to help you take advantage of market volatility and handle micro bursts
- Technology that supports Network Address Translation (NAT) for trade execution on any venue, without a latency penalty
- Embedded Remote SPAN with nanosecond timestamps to help you monitor your traffic with superior precision
- Multicast NAT and latency monitoring leading to simplified co-location integration and enhanced traffic visibility and troubleshooting (only 3548-X model).
- Next generation 3548-X offers lower power consumption further lowering operational cost
The Cisco Nexus 3548/3548-X is powered by the data-center-class, Cisco NX-OS. Features include:
Specifications at a Glance
- Full-featured unicast protocols, including Border Gateway Protocol (BGP), Open Shortest Path First (OSPF), Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), and Routing Information Protocol (RIP)
- Multicast protocols, including Protocol Independent Multicast-Sparse Mode (PIM-SM), PIM-Source-Specific Multicast (PIM-SSM), and Multicast Source Discovery Protocol (MSDP)
- Full support for access control lists (including port, VLAN, and routed) and quality of service (queueing and marking)
- Full support for troubleshooting tools such as Switched Port Analyzer (SPAN) and Ethanalyzer
- Switch management by Cisco Prime Data Center Network Manager (DCNM)
- 48 fixed 1/10 Gbps small form factor pluggable plus (SFP+) ports
- Line-rate layer 2 and layer 3 throughput of up to 480 Gbps
- Compact 1RU form factor
- Dual, redundant, color-coded power supplies
- Four redundant color-coded fans