Cisco WebEx Cloud Connected Audio (CCA) is a cost-effective audio conferencing solution for Cisco WebEx meetings. It extends the functionality of Cisco Unified Communications Manager and incorporates on-premises equipment to connect your organization to a Cisco WebEx Cloud data center via dedicated peering connections. It is designed for enterprise customers using a minimum of 1.5 million audio conferencing minutes per month.
Features and Capabilities
With Cisco WebEx Cloud Connected Audio, call routing is performed on premises, call signaling and audio traffic occurs over redundant IP connections, and call mixing is done in the cloud.
Natively integrated to the Cisco WebEx meeting experience, this audio solution delivers an integrated attendee list, active speaker, video and audio switching, and hybrid audio support, in addition to all the dynamic tools of the market-leading conferencing solution.
Specifications at a Glance
- Audio Cost Reduction: Reduces audio conferencing costs by eliminating public switched telephone network (PSTN) transport and termination charges for Internet calling
- Feature Parity with WebEx: Fully integrated into WebEx conferencing
- Investment Protection/Extension: Extends the investment benefits of Cisco Unified Communications Manager from IP telephony to conferencing
- Ports-Based Pricing: Makes monthly audio costs predictable and easy to budget
- Cloud-Based Solution: Removes the need to administer and maintain a complicated on-premises audio solution and makes all future enhancements and upgrades available without additional deployments
Media and Signaling
- Supports audio compression codec G.711, SIP (Session Initiation Protocol) signaling, and RFC2833 for dual-tone multifrequency (DTMF).
- Any non G.711 traffic will need to be transcoded at the customer premises.
Conferencing Telephone Numbers
- Circuit hand-offs must be optical Ethernet-based. Minimum Ethernet hand-off interface is Gigabit Ethernet; Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP) may be used to bundle multiple circuits.
- Customer connects with Cisco WebEx at two or more WebEx locations. Connections can be configured in active/active mode.
Hardware and Software Licenses
- Conference numbers belong to the customer. The customer will provide at least one toll and one toll-free number.
- WebEx does not provide the WebEx PSTN numbers with Cisco WebEx CCA. The customer will also need to provide the international call-in numbers if applicable.
- The customer must pass one Direct Inward Dialing (DID) Digital Number Identification Service (DNIS) to WebEx via the Cisco Unified Border Element for all conferencing numbers.
- Supports both Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISRs) and Aggregated Services Routers (ASRs). Hardware will depend upon Cisco WebEx CCA port requirements.
- Supports redundant or active/active Cisco Unified Border Element licenses