Offer users outside your firewall simple, highly secure access to all collaboration workloads, including video, voice, content, IM, and presence. Collaborate with people who are on third-party systems and endpoints or in other companies. Help teleworkers and Cisco Jabber mobile users work more effectively on their device of choice. Cisco Expressway allows you to do all this and more.
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Expressway is designed specifically for comprehensive collaboration services provided through Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Business Edition, or Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS). It provides established firewall-traversal technology and helps redefine traditional enterprise collaboration boundaries, supporting our vision of any-to-any collaboration.
Expressway can enable the following use cases:
- Remote, single-sign-on access to all collaboration workloads for mobile users and teleworkers without the need for a VPN client
- Business-to-business and business-to-consumer collaboration
- Cisco cloud connectivity – connects on-premises Cisco and third-party video systems to the WebEx cloud
- Video interoperability with third-party vendors
As its primary features and benefits, Cisco Expressway:
- Offers proven and highly secure firewall-traversal technology to extend your organizational reach
- Deployment flexibility - deploy virtually or as an appliance
- Supports a wide range of Cisco IP phones, Cisco Collaboration Desk endpoints, and Jabber for smartphones, tablets, and desktops
- Complements bring-your-own-device (BYOD) strategies and policies for remote and mobile workers
- Is standards-based and highly secure