The Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series ASA Services Module is a high-speed, integrated network security module for Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches. Delivering industry-leading firewall data rates, this module provides exceptional scalability to meet the needs of today's dynamic organizations - in a single blade architecture.
The Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series ASA Services Module provides enhanced security, reliability, and performance. With twice the performance and four times the session count of competitive network security modules, it supports up to:
- 20 Gbps maximum firewall throughput (max)
- 16 Gbps of maximum firewall throughput (multi-protocol)
- 300,000 connections per second
- 10 million concurrent connections
- 250 security contexts
- 1,000 VLANs
Its advanced features can help your organization reduce costs and operational complexity, while allowing you to manage multiple firewalls from the same platform. In addition, you can install up to four ASA Services Module blades in a Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switch, providing scalability to 64 Gbps.
The Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series ASA Services Module delivers industry-leading innovations, including:
- Advanced scalability and performance
- Exceptional security protection at Layer 2 through Layer 7
- Ability to work with other modules in the chassis for comprehensive security delivery
It also delivers superior return on investment (ROI) by taking advantage of the existing infrastructure to deliver new services. You can add full firewall capabilities by sliding a blade into an empty slot in the existing Catalyst 6500 Series switch. No additional rack space, cabling, power, or physical interface is required.