Density and Performance Without Compromise
Delivering performance, versatility, and density without compromise, the Cisco UCS B200 M3 Blade Server addresses the broadest set of workloads, from IT and web infrastructure to distributed database.
The enterprise-class Cisco UCS B200 M3 further extends the capabilities of the Cisco Unified Computing System portfolio in a half-blade form factor. The Cisco UCS B200 M3 Server harnesses the power of the Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 and E5-2600 v2 processor product families, up to 768 GB of RAM, two hard drives, and up to 8 x 10GE to deliver exceptional levels of performance, memory expandability, and I/O throughput for nearly all applications.
In addition, Cisco UCS has the architectural advantage of not having to power and cool switches in each blade chassis. Having a larger power budget available for blades enables Cisco to design uncompromised expandability and capabilities in its blade servers, as evidenced with the new Cisco UCS B200 M3 and its leading memory and drive capacity that result in outstanding performance.
A Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis can house up to eight Cisco UCS B200 M3 Blade Servers or a combination of B200 M3 and other UCS blade servers.
Features and Capabilities
- Suitable for a wide range of applications and workload requirements
- Exceptional building block for the Cisco Unified Computing System
- Half-width form factor offers industry-leading benefits and features without compromise
- Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card (VIC) 1240 designed for the M3 generation of Cisco UCS B-Series Blade Servers
Specifications at a Glance
- Up to two processors from Intel® Xeon® E5-2600 and E5-2600 v2 product families
- Up to 768 GB of RAM with 24 DIMM slots
- Up to two SAS or SATA or SSD drives
- Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card (VIC) 1240 is a 4 x 10 Gigabit, FCoE-capable adapter, which when combined with an optional I/O expander or VIC 1280, enables up to 8 x 10 Gigabit blade bandwidth
- The Fusion IO and LSI cards significantly improve application performance for Cisco UCS servers