Deploy a high-performance, converged network adapter with the Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card (VIC) 1280. This adapter provides acceleration for the various new operational modes introduced by server virtualization. In virtualized environments, this highly configurable and self-virtualized adapter provides:
- Near-bare-metal I/O performance
- Ease of management
- Exceptional network visibility
- Up to 256 dynamic virtual adapters and interfaces
Cisco SingleConnect Technology
Cisco SingleConnect Technology is an easy, intelligent, and efficient way to connect and manage computing in the data center. Cisco SingleConnect unifies LAN, SAN, and systems management into one simplified link for rack servers, blade servers, and virtual machines.
Cisco SingleConnect is one connection:
- For rack servers and blade servers
- For LAN, SAN, and systems management
- For physical servers and virtual machines”
Advanced Support for Virtualized Environments
The Cisco UCS VIC 1280 implements Cisco VM-FEX technology, which unifies virtual and physical networking into a single infrastructure. It provides virtual-machine visibility from the physical network and a consistent network operations model for physical and virtual servers.The Cisco UCS VIC 1280 supports VMware's VMDirectPath with vMotion technology, which allows it to:
- “Pass through” the hypervisor layer
- Provide near-bare-metal performance for unified computing systems
Note: Please contact your Cisco representative for new product orderability and first customer shipment (FCS) timelines.