Cisco's flagship switching platform is designed to deliver performance, flexibility, and zero service loss for the next-generation Unified Fabric data center.
Realize the benefits of a switching platform that delivers reliable performance, enhanced flexibility, and zero service-loss for the next-generation data center.
Features and Capabilities
Infrastructure scalability for investment protection
- Designed for future scalability to switching capacity of more than 15 terabits per second
- Modular, flexible, scalable Linux-based OS
- Efficient power and cooling design
- Virtualization for efficient resource utilization
- Lossless, nondisruptive upgrades for zero service downtime
- Graceful system operations to minimize the effect of upgrades and other maintenance tasks
- Comprehensive, open Extensible Markup Language (XML) API for flexible management options
- Support for new technologies without total upgrades
- Virtualized control plane and data plane forwarding for optimized performance
- Support for emerging 40 Gbps and 100 Gbps Ethernet standards