The Cisco Nexus 4001I Switch Module is a purpose-built blade switch for IBM's BladeCenter H and HT chassis. Nexus 4000 is a line- rate, low- latency, non-blocking 10 Gigabit Ethernet and Data Center Bridging (DCB) switch module.
Nexus 4001I allows IT organizations to take advantage of the benefits of a Unified Fabric.
- Unified Fabric reduces costs through infrastructure unification and simplification.
- By cutting the number of switches per chassis, Nexus 4000 can reduce the power required for network I/O as much as 75 percent.
Enhanced Server Virtualization
- Purpose-built design uses Unified Switch ASIC technology.
- Line-rate, extremely low-latency, 10 Gigabit Ethernet blade switch is designed for the scalable blade server access.
- Works seamlessly with the upstream Cisco Nexus 4000 Switch, providing operational consistency and transparency in VM environments.
- Fibre Channel over Ethernet allows simplified cabling and uniform LAN and SAN interfaces enhanced VM mobility.
- NX-OS is now extended to blade server access with Nexus 4000 Series for a single operating system across the data center.
- Supports management through both Cisco DCNM and NX-OS seamless integration, consistency, and scalable management.