Cisco Virtual WAAS (vWAAS) is the first cloud-ready WAN optimization solution that accelerates applications delivered from private and virtual private cloud infrastructure, using policy-based on-demand orchestration.
Cisco vWAAS can be:
- Virtualized on the industry-leading VMware ESX and ESXi hypervisor
- Deployed on Cisco Unified Computing System x86 servers in an on-demand, elastic, and multitenant manner
- Integrated with Cisco Nexus 1000V, which optimizes application delivery in a virtual machine environment through Cisco vPath architecture services.
Cisco vWAAS Benefits
Cisco vWAAS is designed for both enterprises and service providers to offer private and virtual private cloud-based application delivery service over the WAN. vWAAS provides:
- On-demand orchestration of WAN optimization
- Fault tolerance with virtual machine (VM) mobility awareness
- Lower operating expenses for customers who are migrating their applications to the cloud
Cisco vWAAS Advantages
Cisco vWAAS is a WAN optimization service that gets deployed in an application-specific, virtualization-aware, and on-demand manner. This solution:
- Uses policy-based configuration in the Cisco Nexus 1000V to associate with server VMs as they are instantiated or moved
- Helps enable cloud providers to offer rapid creation of WAN optimization services in cloud-based environments
- Supports transparent deployment at the network edge using WCCP providing deployment flexibility and feature consistency