The Cisco Nexus 7702 is a 2 slot, three-rack-unit (3RU) chassis that supports the Nexus 7700 10/40/100 Gigabit Ethernet (GE) F-Series modules, supervisors, and power supplies. It provides feature and operational consistency and investment protection. This switch is ideal for small and medium-sized data center interconnect (DCI) solutions.
Features and Capabilities
Compact Form Factor
The Cisco Nexus 7702 is space optimized to deliver lower TCO:
- Its 3RU chassis has one module slot.
- It supports 48 ports of 1/10 GE, 24 ports of 40 GE, or 12 ports of 100 GE; all ports are nonblocking.
- Power consumption is low.
- It delivers true front-to-back air flow for hot-cold aisle deployments.
The Cisco Nexus 7702 switch is designed to extend the feature richness of the Nexus 7700 family to small and medium-sized deployments. The comprehensive DCI feature set includes Cisco Overlay Transport Virtualization (OTV), Cisco Locator/ID Separation Protocol (LISP), Cisco IOS Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS), and Virtual Private LAN Service (VPLS). The switch is hardware ready for Virtual Extensible LAN (VXLAN) and Ethernet VPN (EVPN) technologies.
In addition, the compact sever chassis offers:
Operation and Feature Consistency
- High-performance Remote Integrated Service Engine (RISE) and Intelligent Traffic Director (ITD) services from Cisco
- Comprehensive Layer 2 and Layer 3 feature sets for small data center aggregation and campus cores
Cisco Nexus 7702 Switches maintain consistency with the Cisco Nexus 7000 Series, offering:
- The same proven common architecture, application-specific integrated circuits (ASICs), and Cisco NX-OS software
- One of the industry's most comprehensive data center feature sets
- The same software train across the entire Cisco Nexus 7000 Series to help ensure consistency