The Cisco 4000 Series Integrated Services Routers (ISR) include a revolutionary converged branch platform with industry-leading network, compute, and WAN services. These routers can seamlessly extend cloud services across remote sites, and help you accelerate the digitization of your business. Use the 4000 Series to effectively transition to a hybrid WAN architecture.
Features and Capabilities
Cisco 4000 Series ISRs introduce new chassis, modules, and WAN services with a robust management framework and validated designs for the Cisco Intelligent WAN. Cisco 4000 platforms, together with Cisco UCS E-Series server modules, provide a flexible platform that can easily adapt to the changing application landscape. Use these routers to support all cloud applications on any device.
Cisco 4000 Series ISRs are designed to meet Gigabit forwarding performance needs while running the broadest set of network and application services on a single platform. They offer:
- High-quality user experience
During peak loads, the multi-core CPU architecture running Cisco IOS-XE can enable resiliency by using separate control and data services planes.
- Faster response to business and user needs
New pay-as-grow performance an services allows IT increase throughput and expand across a rich portfolio of on-demand network and application services with no truck rolls
- A wide range of connectivity options
ISR 4000 supports integrated Gigabit Ethernet, T1/E1, T3/E3, PRI, xDSL, and more
- Unified communications
Get comprehensive edge support for session border control, branch telephony survivability, TDM gateways, and more.
The 4000 Series simplifies:
Specifications at a Glance
- Operations and management
Get IT automation for configuration, monitoring, and management through the Cisco Application Policy Infrastructure Controller (APIC) Enterprise Module and an open ecosystem of partners.
- Branch infrastructure
Reduce branch footprint and power consumption with an all-in-one platform that brings together network, compute, and storage. Customers can choose optional integrated compute and storage with Cisco UCS E-Series Servers for hosting applications and services.
- Meeting unplanned business requirements
Deploying 4000 Series ISRs allows you to expand and pay for products only as your needs grow. Customers can standardize on a single platform and add services and capacity without disruptions or truck rolls.
License Software Features
- Cisco IOS XE Operating System
- 1-rack-unit (RU) or 2RU form factor
- Up to 2 Gbps of throughput
- Up to 3 network interface module slots
- Up to 2 service module slots
Up to 4 integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports
- Up to 8 CPU core integrated server modules
- Cisco Application Experience (AX) includes Intelligent Path Control, WAN Optimization, and Intelligent Caching
- Voice license includes CME, SRST, and CUBE
- Security license includes firewall, intrusion prevention system (IPS), and VPN
- Performance license increases platform throughput