Cisco IP Interoperability and Collaboration System (IPICS) can simplify radio dispatch operations and improve response to incidents, emergencies, and facility events. It dissolves communication barriers between land, mobile, and radio systems and devices, including mobile phones, landline phones, IP phones, and PCs, to support communications across users, devices, and locations.
Features and Capabilities
- Direct radio network interoperability allows TCP/IP communication across P25 networks that use the Interswitching System Interface (ISSI) protocol. This capability is provided through the new ISSI gateway and new, end-to-end, native P25 communication features in the Cisco IPICS Dispatch Console (IDC).
- Radio signaling provides dispatchers and radio users with features such as talker ID, emergency call, and private calls. These capabilities are provided through the new Unified Media Service (UMS) platform.
- The IT database integration is a Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) authentication feature that allows Cisco IPICS users to be authenticated against a common Active Directory repository.
- High availability for multiple SIP providers minimizes single-points-of-failures in Cisco IPICS deployments by allowing the dial engine, dial-in functionality, and dial-out functionality to work with multiple SIP providers.
- Improved audio high availability provides redundancy and failover for the UMS. This minimizes media downtime for virtual talkgroups (VTGs) and remote connections if a critical media service fails.
- More efficient configuration now exists, as IPICS now supports script-based bulk uploading of a large number of users, channels, or Cisco Video Surveillance Operations Manager (VSOM) video links.
- Highly secure communication is available as the ISSI gateway with P25 radio systems provides the option of end-to-end encrypted calls directly with dispatchers.
Specifications at a Glance
- Joystick integration with 32-bit external systems
- Enhanced IDC dialer supports 10 lines, three patches per line, and last-number redial
- Enhanced IDC logging
- Language support allows for internationalization of the IDC, dial engine prompts, and IP-phone services
- Custom splash screen can be configured for the Administration Console and the IDC
- Lazy SIP resource allocation conserves system resources
- Server and virtual machine support is included for the IPICS Server, UMS, and ISSI Gateway virtualized using Cisco UCS C-200 Series Rack Mount Servers
- Operating system backup available on a USB drive