Cisco Prime IP Express Jumpstart is a high-performing appliance for Domain Name System (DNS) and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) services for the enterprise market.
Features Pre-Installed in the Solution
Cisco Prime IP Express DNS - The appliance contains a single DNS server for IP address translation and service delivery that supports both IPv4 and IPv6.
Cisco Prime IP Express DNS Caching - Our DNS caching server supports DNS Security Extensions (DNSSEC) to prevent cache poisoning and other attacks. It also provides validation that DNS data has been signed.
Cisco Prime IP Express DHCP - We provide a single DHCP server for device network access that supports both IPv4 and IPv6.
Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) C220 M3 Rack Server - The appliance includes a high-density, two-socket, one rack-unit (RU) rack-mount server.
VMware ESXi - VMware virtualization technology is already installed on the appliance.
Cisco Prime IP Express Jumpstart is provided in two offerings:
- Cisco Prime IP Express DHCP and DNS Authoritative
- Cisco Prime IP Express DNS Caching
- Fast and easy implementation and low startup costs using the preconfigured server and preinstalled software
- Accelerated provisioning with integrated BYOD captive portal server
- Superior scale and performance of hardware in a compact form factor
- Grows with your business – The appliance ships with 1000 permanent IP node licenses; server can support up to 500,000 IPs
- Flexibility to introduce additional services using the pre-installed virtualization software
The Cisco Prime IP Express software is preinstalled as a virtual machine, providing enterprise network operators with the flexibility to easily expand and support virtualized data centers.