Cisco Prime for Evolved Programmable Networks (EPN) simplifies the management of Carrier Ethernet, Unified MPLS, converged IP-optical transport and cable access networks through integrated and automated execution of lifecycle tasks, including service design, fulfillment, assurance and analysis. It is a comprehensive solution providing end to end management, spanning the access, aggregation and core networks.
Cisco Prime for EPN includes the following:
Cisco Prime Central provides centralized access to all components of the Cisco Prime for EPN suite, with single view of integrated operator workflows, common inventory and event/alarm management, and standard interfaces for easy OSS integration.
Cisco Prime Provisioning accelerates service deployments by providing automated resource management and rapid, profile-based provisioning.
Cisco Prime Performance Manager gathers performance statistics for Cisco and multivendor network devices, providing actionable information for the entire network.
Cisco Prime Optical provides scalable configuration, provisioning and troubleshooting of converged IP and optical transport networks.
Cisco Prime Network offers comprehensive service assurance and device management for the packet/IP domain with advanced capabilities including virtual connectivity discovery, root-cause identification, topology-driven troubleshooting, alarm reduction through topology-based correlation and de-duplication.
Features and Benefits
Cisco Prime for EPN provides the following features and benefits:
- Accelerated service deployment: Significantly reduce the time to deploy services through automated network configuration and point-and-click provisioning.
- Lower capital expenditure (CapEx): Maximize the value of the existing investment in network infrastructure through efficient utilization of network resources and assets.
- Reduce operating expenses (OpEx): Lower operating costs through a central point of access that enables efficient execution design, fulfillment, assurance, and analysis tasks.
- Improve quality of service (QoS): Enhance customer experience and meet stringent service-level agreements (SLAs) through rapid fault isolation and repair of network issues.
- Increase operational efficiency: Promote consistencies in management of services through seamless integration between domain managers and service lifecycle management applications.
Specifications at a Glance
- Automatic discovery and unified, granular network visibility
- Policy-based provisioning for TDM, DWDM, Carrrier Ethernet, MPLS, and MPLS-TP deployments
- Automated change and configuration management and service assurance
- Fault monitoring and management for Cisco Cable Modem Termination Systems (CMTS) and RF Gateway