Cisco MDS 9700 Series Switches deliver superior performance—more than three times the bandwidth than any currently available SAN Director. They are ready to adapt to accommodate future mission-critical applications, massive amounts of data, and cloud environments. A fault-tolerant design and multi-protocol flexibility support non-stop operations and freedom of choice.
Features and Capabilities
Cisco MDS 9700 Series Multilayer Directors address the stringent requirements of large, virtualized, data center storage environments. They provide uncompromised availability, scalability, flexibility, security, ease of management, and transparent integration of new technologies.
Cisco MDS 9700 Series Multilayer Directors offer:
Specifications at a Glance
- Outstanding SAN performance
- High availability with fully redundant components, including fabric cards, supervisors, and power supplies
- Industry-leading scalability
- Intelligent network features such as virtual SAN technology, ACLs, intelligent frame processing, and fabric-wide QoS
Performance and Scalability
- MDS 9710: 10-slot chassis with eight line card slots and up to eight power supplies
- MDS 9706: 6-slot chassis with four line card slots and up to four power supplies
- Both offer two supervisor slots, six crossbar switching fabric slots, and three fan trays
- Up to 24-Tbps Fibre Channel switching bandwidth
- 2/4/8-Gbps, 4/8/16-Gbps, or 10-Gbps line-rate autosensing Fibre Channel, optionally configurable
- 10-Gbps line-rate FCoE