Cisco Fabric Manager simplifies administration of large fabrics, and centralizes management and control of Cisco storage networks.
Its primary benefits include:
- Scalable performance, through server federation and VSAN scoping, for fabric discovery across multiple data centers
- Wizard-based fabric provisioning: verify changes before execution and reduce chances for human error
- Historic performance trending: identify less-busy times for maintenance and forecast future demand
- Real-time event forwarding for proactive storage network management and reduced response time
- End-to-end topology mapping, along with path performance, for quicker root-cause analysis
Cisco Fabric Manager software included with Cisco MDS 9000 and Cisco Nexus 5000 Switches provides basic switch configuration and troubleshooting capabilities.
The Cisco Fabric Manager Server (FMS) Package adds functionality, with:
- Historical performance monitoring for network traffic hotspot analysis
- Centralized management services
- Application integration
Note This Important Change
As of NX-OS 5.2, Cisco Fabric Manager and FMS will be known as Cisco Data Center Network Manager for SAN, and the LAN-focused Data Center Network Manager will become Data Center Network Manager for LAN. Data Center Network Manager now refers to the converged product.
All features of Cisco Fabric Manager and FMS are preserved in this new converged product. Customers with existing FMS licenses can transparently upgrade and keep all their existing licenses.