Cisco Active Advisor is a cloud-based service that provides essential lifecycle information about your network inventory. Available by itself, or as a component of other Cisco network management applications, it helps you reduce your network's overall risk by keeping you up-to-date on the status of your products.
Cisco Active Advisor shows the following information:
Features and Capabilities
- Warranty and service contract status
- Product advisories, including Product Security Incident Response Teams (PSIRTs) and field notices
- End-of-life notifications for hardware and software
Reduce Overall Network Risk
Lifecycle Information Available in Minutes
- Stay updated with essential Cisco product information.
- Set up notifications about lifecycle milestones that may compromise network security or integrity.
Intuitive User Interface
- Quickly and efficiently see product status.
- Data available shortly after scanning a network using Cisco Scanner, or through an upload from another Cisco management tool.
- Highlights important warnings requiring network administrator attention.
- Includes expiration dates of warranty, service contracts, end-of-life milestones, and advisories.
Comes with Cisco Scanner
- Can be used 24 hours a day.
- Supported by Cisco staff to help ensure top quality and efficiency.
Specifications at a Glance
- Gathers details about your Cisco devices.
- Scans the network based on your input.
- Lets you create a complete network inventory within minutes, with only a few clicks.
||All latest versions of Safari, Chrome, Firefox and internet Explorer
Note: CAA is not supported by Firefox 21 in a Mac system
||Windows XP, Windows 7 and Mac
||Java 7.0 and above
Note: Java plugin must be enabled and the latest version must be running to run Cisco Scanner
- If a 32 or 64 bit operating system running a 32 bit browser is not running the minimum required JRE, CAA will provide a redirection link to download and install the recommended version
- If a 64 bit operating system running a 64 bit browser is not running the minimum required JRE, CAA will provide instructions to install the recommended version manually
- Google Chrome is not supported on systems running a 64 bit JRE. There is currently no 64 bit version of Google Chrome