Gain flexible and scalable deployment options for your server access fabric. The new Cisco Nexus 5596T Switch is based on the 10GBASE-T standard (IEEE 802.3an) and Cisco NX-OS Software, providing easy management and outstanding reliability.
Features and Capabilities
The 10GBASE-T standard is becoming an appealing option for data center networks as its cost and power consumption continue declining. The standard is moving toward widespread deployment and vendors are introducing more supporting servers, adapters, and cables.
The new Cisco Nexus 5596T Switch, part of Cisco Unified Fabric, gives you an immediate opportunity to take advantage of 10GBASE-T technology and its simplicity, speed, and design flexibility. The switch also supports existing fiber and copper General Expansion Modules (GEMs).
Take advantage of the highest-density ports for Direct Server Attach. The Cisco Nexus 5596T is based on data-center-class Cisco NX-OS Software for high reliability and ease of management.
Specifications at a Glance
- A 2-rack-unit, 96 ports, 1/10 Gigabit Ethernet switch supporting 10GBASE-T and SFP+ together
- 32 fixed 10GBASE-T ports and 16 fixed SFP+ ports on the base chassis, and three modular expansion slots totaling 96 ports
- Modules options include 10GBASE-T, Unified Ports, 1/2/4/8 native Fibre Channel, Ethernet / FCOE, and Layer 3
- Throughput of up to 1.92 Tbps
- FCoE supported on 10G Base-T ports (See Data sheet for more details)