Get highly secure voice and video connectivity from the enterprise IP network to service provider SIP trunks. Cisco Unified Border Element (CUBE) is an enterprise session border controller that can help you lower costs, simplify your network, and extend rich collaboration services.
Features and Capabilities
CUBE performs the four critical functions of a session border controller (SBC): session control, security, interworking, and demarcation. Deploy CUBE virtually on Cisco UCS servers or integrated into a Cisco router to offer a number of benefits, including:
- Migration control – migrate to SIP in a way that makes sense for your business by controlling the pace and deployment strategy
- Choice of deployment – support centralized, distributed, or hybrid deployments, often with minimal to no hardware investment
- Flexibility on a single platform – provide multiple services on the same platform, and use router features to improve network interworking
- Investment protection – repurpose network equipment assets as the voice network evolves
In addition, CUBE helps organizations simplify their network and solve business problems. For instance, it can enable more cloud connectivity choice. CUBE supports remote Cisco SIP phones registration so that Cisco HCS and third-party hosted services can be delivered more securely over the Internet without the need for a VPN client.
CUBE also facilitates simplified teleworker collaboration. Remote SIP phone registration services provide simplified access to Cisco collaboration services for teleworkers without the need for a VPN client.
With CUBE, customers can enable:
- Business-to-business collaboration –implement simple, highly secure voice or video communications to partners, suppliers, and customers
- Simplified recording – improve compliance and customer service using CUBE's media forking or API capabilities to record voice or video calls
- Voice policy – better secure and optimize the network through policy-driven evaluation and control of calls
- WebEx Cloud Connected Audio – reduce audio conferencing costs by eliminating public switched telephone network (PSTN) transport and termination charges for Internet calling
- Line-side capabilities –simplify support for remote phone proxy registration of select Cisco IP phones
Other important features include:
- Solutions for smallest to largest locations – all businesses and locations can benefit from SIP trunking
- Scalability and redundancy – CUBE scales to 16,000 sessions with box-to-box and in-box redundancy
- Complex media manipulation using digital signal processors
- Integration with Cisco Unified Communications Manager, Cisco Business Edition, Cisco Unified Communications Manager Session Management Edition, and Cisco Hosted Collaboration Solution (HCS)
- Proven Interoperability with third-party IP PBXs and service providers