Cost-Effective Access Layer
The Cisco Nexus 2232PP 10G provides 32 10 Gb Ethernet and Fibre Channel Over Ethernet (FCoE) Small Form-Factor Pluggable Plus (SFP+) server ports and eight 10 Gb Ethernet and FCoE SFP+ uplink ports in a compact 1 rack unit (1RU) form factor.
The combination of the Cisco Nexus 2232PP 10G and upstream Cisco Nexus 5000 Series Switches provides a cost-effective access layer and scalable strategy for 10 Gb Ethernet and FCoE at the server access layer.
Feature and Capabilities
- The innovative Fabric Extender approach reduces data center cabling costs and footprint with optimized inter-rack cabling
- Unified fabric and FCoE at the server access layer reduce capital expenditure and operating expenses
Increase Business Agility and Resilience
- Nexus 5000 provides a single point of management and policy enforcement
- Plug-and-play management includes autoconfiguration
- Virtual Port Channel (vPC) and in-service software upgrades (ISSU) Increase resilience
- Virtual machine aware network services facilitate quick expansion of network capacity