The Cisco UCS C240 M3 Rack Server is designed for both performance and expandability over a wide range of storage-intensive infrastructure workloads ranging from big data to collaboration.
Building on the success of the Cisco UCS C210 M2 Rack Server, the enterprise-class Cisco UCS C240 M3 further extends the capabilities of the Cisco Unified Computing System portfolio in a 2-rack-unit (2 RU) form factor. And the addition of theIntel® Xeon® processor E5-2600 and E5-2600 v2 processor product families delivers an optimal combination of performance, flexibility, and efficiency gains.
The Cisco UCS C240 M3 offers up to 768 GB of RAM, 24 drives, and four 1GE LAN interfaces built into the motherboard to provide outstanding levels of internal memory and storage expandability along with exceptional performance.
Feature and Capabilities
- Suitable for nearly all storage-intensive, 2-socket applications
- Unique Cisco UCS Virtual Interface Card 1225 (VIC) : 2 x 10GE PCIe that can support up to 256 PCIe virtual interfaces
- Exceptional building block and entry point for the Cisco Unified Computing System
- Continual innovations from Cisco in server technology and at all levels of the Cisco Unified Computing System
Specifications at a Glance
- Up to two Intel Xeon E5-2600 or E5-2600 v2 processors
- Up to 768 GB of RAM with 24 DIMM slots
- Offers 12 (LFF) or 24 (SFF) SAS/SATA/SSDs for workloads demanding large internal storage
- 5 PCI Express Gen 3 slots and four 1GE LAN interfaces on the motherboard
- Trusted Platform Module (TPM) for authentication and tool-less access