A growing mobile workforce using many types of devices and applications has blurred the lines between what is appropriate for business and what is allowed for personal use. As a result, many firewall administrators are not able to keep costs and complexity down and are forced to choose between increasing employee productivity and maintaining network security.
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Prime Security Manager provides a centralized, simple, and scalable tool to manage Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls. It provides context-aware capabilities for exceptional Application Visibility and Control (AVC), Web Security Essentials (WSE), and Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) so enterprises can enable new use cases without compromising security.
Cisco Prime Security Manager (PRSM) delivers:
- Excellent visibility for end-to-end network intelligence
- The ability to write and enforce the granular security policies
- A consistent management interface for single- and multi-device management
- An efficient way to manage core ASA functions including stateful firewall and Network Address Translation (NAT) together with Next-Generation Firewall Services
Gain a comprehensive understanding of the traffic flows throughout the network. Top-level reports summarize traffic patterns related to users, applications, devices, and other contextual elements. Cisco Prime Security Manager also provides access to granular logs and information about the health and performance of security devices.
Granular Application, User, and Device Control
Write and enforce granular policies based on a comprehensive set of contextual elements, including:
- Applications, micro-applications, and application behavior
- User and group identity
- Device and operating system
- Device location
- Threat profiles
Flexible Management Architecture
Use a consistent management interface for single- and multi-device management. When multiple devices are managed, all access requests are redirected to the primary manager to promote efficient centralized control. To serve a range of deployment needs, Cisco Prime Security Manager is available either as a physical appliance or as a virtual appliance based on VMware ESXi.