The Cisco ASA Family of security devices protects corporate networks and data centers of all sizes. It provides users with highly secure access to data and network resources - anytime, anywhere, using any device. Cisco ASA devices represent more than 15 years of proven firewall and network security engineering and leadership, with more than 1 million security appliances deployed throughout the world.
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software is the core operating system for the Cisco ASA Family. It delivers enterprise-class firewall capabilities for ASA devices in an array of form factors - standalone appliances, blades, and virtual appliances - for any distributed network environment. ASA Software also integrates with other critical security technologies to deliver comprehensive solutions that meet continuously evolving security needs.
Among its benefits, Cisco ASA Software:
- Offers integrated IPS, VPN, and Unified Communications capabilities
- Helps organizations increase capacity and improve performance through high-performance, multi-site, multi-node clustering
- Delivers high availability for high resiliency applications
- Provides collaboration between physical and virtual devices
- Meets the unique needs of both the network and the data center
- Provides context awareness with Cisco TrustSec security group tags and identity-based firewall technology
- Facilitates dynamic routing and site-to-site VPN on a per-context basis
Cisco ASA software also supports next-generation encryption standards, including the Suite B set of cryptographic algorithms. It also integrates with the Cisco Cloud Web Security solution to provide world-class, web-based threat protection.