Cisco Integrated Services Routers (ISR) are built for the next wave of branch office evolution, evolves licensing from "right to use" to "software activation licensing," helping you realize operational savings through reduced service calls, ease of software ordering, simplified software management, and greater flexibility in deploying new features.
Each ISR ships with a universal Cisco IOS Software image and requires Software Activation Licensing keys to activate IOS functionality. New devices are shipped with Software Activation License preinstalled for the features ordered with the router.
Simplify Router Deployment and Management
- A single IOS universal image will ship with all ISR platforms
- Technology package licenses enable full IOS functionality, simplifying ordering
- Try before you buy: Temporary licenses let you evaluate new IOS functionality before purchase
- Pay for features as you need them: Use a software key to enable new features incrementally in the field without a truck roll
- Software Activation Quick Start: An overview of software activation and the steps required for installation and activation.
- Software Licenses and Packaging: A list of all IOS technology packages and supported feature licenses.
Cisco Software Activation
Get information on Cisco IOS software activation, including documentation, an overview, white paper, user’s guides, workflows, Flash demo, Q and A, and downloads.
Cisco Licensing Manager
A secure client/server application for easy license management.
Administrative Operations for Software Activation
Provides licensing administrative operations such as registering a PAK, RMAs, and rehosting a licensing.