Extend your existing Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series infrastructure to the enterprise edge with scalable IP Security (IPSec) VPN aggregation. With video telephony and web collaboration growing in maturity and value, information sharing models serve as the primary conduit of successful business interactions. As the network grows, security technologies must evolve to protect the growing amount of data and new applications on the network.
The Cisco VPN Services Port Adapter (VSPA) is designed to support next-generation VPN technologies with system bandwidths of 8 Gbps in a modular, flexible, and scalable form factor.
The Cisco VSPA features hardware acceleration for:
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES)128, 192, and 256-bit key sizes
- Data Encryption Standard (DES)
- Triple DES (3DES)
Benefits of using the Cisco VSPA include:
- Security directly integrated into network infrastructure: Secure the network without extra overlay equipment or alterations.
- Support for high-performance VPNs: Each Cisco VSPA can deliver up to 8 Gbps of (AES) traffic
- Modular design: The VSPA's half-slot form factor minimizes slot consumption, potentially reducing cost while enhancing per-slot and overall system encryption performance
- Enhanced quality of service (QoS): Provides priority, bandwidth, and traffic shaping services.