Simplify your data center operations with Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders. As part of the Cisco Data Center Networking portfolio, they integrate into existing network infrastructures as well as Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI). These fabric extenders offer a flexible solution to add access port connectivity to your data center network.
Features and Capabilities
Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders are designed to provide connectivity for rack and blade servers, as well as converged fabric deployments. As the third generation in the Cisco Fabric Extender portfolio, the Nexus 2300 Series provides a wide range of benefits.
Deliver Leading Innovations for the Data Center:
Reduce Total Cost of Ownership:
- Simplify the migration from 1 Gbps to 10 Gbps at the server access
- Support for Cisco 40 Gb Bi-directional optics offer cost-effective migration to 40 Gigabit Ethernet
- Larger buffers support a wide variety of workloads such as multicast feeds and voice traffic
- Additional ternary content addressable memory (TCAM) combines advanced features and local flow redirect capabilities
Gain Architectural Flexibility
- Flexibility and simplified cabling of top-of-rack (ToR) designs
- Simplified management and efficient utilization of an end-of-row (EoR) design
- Integrate into various architecture types
- Deploy and re-deploy as your needs change so you protect your investments.
- Unified Ports support flexible LAN and SAN deployment through support for Ethernet, Fiber Channel, and Fiber Channel over Ethernet connectivity.
- Parent switch support spans the Cisco Nexus 5000, Nexus 6000, Nexus 7000, and Nexus 9000 Series Switches, as well as Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect.