Cisco Wide Area Application Services (WAAS) is a comprehensive WAN optimization solution that accelerates applications over the WAN, delivers video to the branch office, and provides local hosting of branch-office IT services. Cisco WAAS allows IT departments to centralize applications and storage in the data center while maintaining LAN-like application performance and provides locally hosted IT services while reducing the branch-office device footprint.
Cisco WAAS helps organizations to accomplish these primary IT objectives:
- Application acceleration: Improve productivity of remote employees.
- IT consolidation and WAN optimization: Minimize branch IT costs.
- Branch IT agility: Respond rapidly to changing business needs.
- Simplified data protection: Ease compliance and business continuity.
Unlike other WAN optimization products, the Cisco WAAS solution offers the following unique advantages:
- Validated by application vendors with proven designs that lower risk
- Integrated into your network to simplify network operations and management
- Reduced ownership costs through smaller device footprints and ease of deployment