Mobility and cloud drive productivity but introduce risk. To protect your assets, you must see the users, applications, devices, and threats on your network and what they are doing. Cisco ASA 5500-X firewalls deliver the network visibility you need, superior threat and advanced malware protection, and greater automation to reduce cost and complexity.
Feature and Capabilities
Robust Multilayered Threat Protection
Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls help you to balance security effectiveness with productivity. This solution offers the combination of the industry's most deployed stateful firewall with a comprehensive range of next-generation network security services, including:
- Granular visibility and control
- Robust web security onsite or in the cloud
- Industry-leading intrusion prevention system (IPS) to protect against known threats
- Comprehensive protection from threats and advanced malware
- World's most widely deployed ASA firewall with highly secure Cisco AnyConnect remote access
Cisco offers the industry’s first threat-focused next-generation firewall: Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services available on the Cisco ASA 5500-X Series and ASA 5585-X Adaptive Security Appliances. With this solution you get proven Cisco ASA firewall protection, combined with industry-leading Sourcefire threat and advanced malware protection in a single device.
Protect your business with superior visibility and highly effective, threat-focused defense across the entire attack continuum. It provides comprehensive visibility, reduced cost and complexity, and real-time protection from malware and emerging threats.
Wide Range of Sizes and Form Factors
Protect networks of all sizes with multiscale performance and a wide range of form factors. Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls are available as:
Proven, Enterprise-Class Platform
- Standalone appliances tailor-made small and midsize businesses
- Midsize appliances for businesses improving security at the Internet edge
- High performance and throughput appliances for demanding enterprise data centers
- High-performance blades that integrate with the Cisco Catalyst 6500 Series Switches
- Virtual instances to provide enterprise-class security for private and public clouds
All Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next-Generation Firewalls are powered by Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA) Software, with enterprise-class stateful inspection and next-generation firewall capabilities. ASA software can be configured with the following capabilities:
Product Support Services
- Integration with other essential network security technologies
- Enhanced user ID awareness from Cisco TrustSec security group tags, and Identity-Based Firewall
- Up to 640 Gbps of throughput by clustering up to 16 ASA 5585-X appliances
- High availability for high-resiliency applications
- Robust next-generation security with Cisco ASA with FirePOWER Services
Cisco Services can help you increase operational efficiency, lower support costs, and improve availability risk management.